FAMILY CENTRED SERVICES
E kore au e ngaro, he kakano i ruia mai i rangiatea
Our Family Centred Service is delivered by two experienced staff (male and female). Our role is to provide direct support to whānau or individuals experiencing or affected by family or domestic violence. The primary aim of our service is to restore safety, foster wellbeing and promote positive change(s) to eliminate and prevent violence from reoccuring. This additional assisting whānau to access the additional services they need to achieve long term change.
We'll help you
- Assess your needs and aspitations
- Work with you to implement individual or whānau safety plans
- Understand any relevant legal requirements or processes
- Access and provide relevant information and resources
- Connect you to relevant services and support people
- Advocate on your behalf (if appropriate)
- Facilitate, lead or support you in discussions with other services, agencies or whānau (where appropriate)
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Mitigate and work through any risks or challenges
- Facilitate Whānu Hui
- Help build your knowledge, skills and confidence
- Respectfully challenge and shift unhelpful behaviours and patterns
- Identify and build on strengths
The Family Centred Service is facilitated by Roha Wharawhara and Ted Wharawhara
Click the button below to self refer.
Our services are free, professional and confidential.