KIA ORA, KIA RITE, KIA TŌNUI
Be well, be ready, be successful
Kia ora, Kia rite, Kia tōnui | Work ready
Te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere. Te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te āo.
This programme supports beneficiaries to find mahi through;
- connecting tauira with work recruitment agencies,
- practical support to study for and gain driver licences at any level,
- completing a current CV and interview help, and
- hauaatanga, history, money matters, mental health and hauora advice.
The three week course only requires two hours everyday from Monday to Thursday, and is delivered completely online with hands on support from facilitators. There is no cost for resources or opportunities - all work books, stationary and cost for driver licence tests are covered.
The September round of Work Ready has started. Please register your interest here for the next round beginning in October.
The 4 week course will focus on:
- Te Tūāpapa: Cultural and personal identity
- Pūkenga Oranga: Skill building
- Mahi Whakaritenga: Work preparation and readiness
- Mahi Wheakonga: Work experience
The course aims to be educational, practical and fun. Delivered through a mixture of
- Facilitated workshops
- Self-directed Learning
- Practical Experience
We'll help you:
Build cultural and personal confidence through
- Strengthening identity
- Knowledge of key Māori concepts, values and practices
- Knowledge of whakapapa and whanaungatanga connections
- Key stories, facts and experiences
Build Job Search Skills
- How and where to search for jobs
- Job applications
- Job Interview skills
- Completing CV and references
Prepare for the workplace
- Health and Safety
- First aid
- Work towards driver's licence
Build positive work experience
- Develop work qualities and attibutes
- Open to learning
- Workin a team
- Work unsupervised
- Work with instruction
- Receive feedback
Kia Ora, Kia Rite, Kia Tōnui is facilitated by Wini Wilson (left) and Fred Haimona (right)
Click the button below to self refer.
Our services are free, professional and confidential.